Blog | March 31st, 2022
Top 10 Things You Need to be a Productive Hybrid Employee
There’s no question that hybrid employees are the future of work. With technology making it easier than ever for people to work remotely, more and more businesses are taking advantage of the flexibility and productivity hybrid employees can offer. But what technology do hybrid employees need to be productive? In this blog post, we will discuss the must-have tools and technology for hybrid employees!
As hybrid employees become more and more common, the technology they need to be productive is also changing. While in the past hybrid employees may have needed little more than a laptop and a good internet connection, today there are a wide variety of tools and technology that can help hybrid employees work more effectively.
What are the benefits of being a Hybrid Employee?
Remote working is not only for the modern-day flexibility-minded worker, it’s also an increasingly popular trend amongst managers and employees alike. Remote teams are productive 77% of the time according to recent research and at least 74% said a remote work option will make them want to stay longer in a company.
Flexibility: One of the biggest benefits of being a hybrid employee is the flexibility it offers. With technology making it easier than ever to work remotely, hybrid employees can take advantage of the best of both worlds—the freedom and flexibility of working from home, and the structure and stability of working in an office setting.
Productivity: According to recent research, remote teams are productive 77% of the time. This is likely due to the fact that remote workers have more control over their own environment and are less distracted by interruptions.
Attention Span: A study by Stanford University found that people who worked from home increased their attention span by an average of 50%. This is likely due to the fact that hybrid employees are able to control their environment and work in a way that is best suited for them.
Time Saver: Not having to wake up 2 hours before your shift to prepare and commute will give you extra time for more important things. Having enough time to sleep and rest will allow you to be more focused and productive throughout the day.
Top 10 Things You Need as a Hybrid Employee
The modern workplace is constantly evolving, with workers now spending more time at home and on the move. In order to keep up-to-date in this ever-changing landscape, it’s important that you review your office setup as well as how much travel occurs between different locations during any given day or week. Here are some of the must-haves to help you stay focused and productive while navigating the hybrid employee lifestyle:
- Remote desktop tool. Remote desktop tools allow you to access your computer from anywhere in the world, which is essential for hybrid employees who often work from home. There are many different remote desktop tools available, so be sure to choose one that fits your needs and budget.
- Reliable laptop. A good, reliable laptop is a must-have for hybrid employees. Make sure to choose one that is lightweight and has a long battery life, so you can work comfortably from anywhere.
- Backup solution. Losing your data can be incredibly frustrating and costly, so it’s important to have a backup solution in place. There are many different backup solutions available, so be sure to find one that is right for you. Google Drive and other cloud storage services are essential for hybrid employees who need access to their files from anywhere in the world.
- Noise-canceling headphones. Noise-canceling headphones can be a lifesaver for hybrid employees who often work from home or in public places. They help to drown out background noise and allow you to focus on your work.
- Portable WiFi hotspot. A portable WiFi hotspot is a must-have for hybrid employees who often travel. It allows you to stay connected to the internet no matter where you are.
- Power adapter/battery pack. A power adapter and battery pack are essential for hybrid employees who often work on the go. They allow you to charge your devices when you don’t have access to a power outlet, which is important when you’re traveling or working in an environment where there is no power available.
- VPN service. A VPN service allows you to connect to the internet securely, which is important when working remotely. A VPN service can also help you bypass firewalls and other security measures at your office, which can be helpful when trying to get work done from home.
- Time tracking tools. Time tracking tools are essential for hybrid employees who need to track their time spent on different tasks. There are a variety of time tracking tools available, so be sure to find one that works best for you.
- Productivity apps. There are a number of different productivity apps available, and it’s important to find one that fits your needs. Productivity apps can help you stay organized and track your progress on tasks, which can be helpful when working remotely.
- Tablets. For working on the go, tablets are a great option. They are lightweight and easy to carry, and they come with a variety of apps that can help you be more productive. You can use it to read and respond to your emails, keep track of your to-do list, and more.
The hybrid employee lifestyle can be challenging, but with the right tools, it can be a lot smoother and more productive. Make sure to review this list and see which of these items are essential for you. By doing so, you’ll be able to stay focused and productive while working remotely or on the go. Here in Contango, we help you and your employees thrive in these trying times and help your company navigate the drastic changes caused by the pandemic, and set up a productive remote environment.
Like our articles? Get them in your inbox.
Blog | November 3rd, 2022read
Blog | September 23rd, 2022read
Blog | September 12th, 2022read
Blog | September 6th, 2022read
Blog | August 5th, 2022read
You Are One Click Away From a Game Changing IT Support
Contact us todayGET STARTED