Blog | January 19th, 2022
How Technology Can Help You Sleep Better Tonight
Do you have trouble sleeping at night? If so, you’re not alone. Millions of people around the world suffer from insomnia or other sleep disorders. Luckily, there is a growing trend on how technology can help you sleep better at night. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best ways to use your digital devices to get a better night’s sleep.
According to a study by Sleep Foundation, at least 35% of American adults have trouble with sleeping. This number is only going to increase as our reliance on digital devices grows. A big reason for this is the blue light that these devices emit. This type of light suppresses melatonin, which is the hormone responsible for making you sleepy.
They say that technology is not as bad as it seems, and they’re right. There are actually a number of ways that digital devices and applications out there that can help you sleep better!
Why is sleep important?
Aside from just feeling better, getting a good night’s sleep has been linked to reducing the risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and even cancer. It can also help improve your mood, memory, and focus.
There are more benefits to having sufficient sleep than just reducing your risk of disease, though. When you’re well-rested, you feel happier and more energetic. You’re also less likely to get sick and have a better emotional balance.
So, how can technology help you sleep better tonight?
There are many ways that technology can help improve your sleep. By using some or all of these tips, you should be able to get the restful sleep you need!
- Blue light filter – You can use apps or settings on your devices to reduce blue light exposure in the evening. This will help make it easier for your body to produce melatonin and fall asleep. There are a number of these filters available on different devices. For example, the iOS feature “Night Shift” reduces the amount of blue light emitted from an iPhone screen.
- Productivity Tools – Using task management apps/sites to organize your day-to-day tasks helps you be more productive throughout the day. This way you’ll be more relaxed at night when it’s time to go to bed, knowing you accomplished everything on your list. To-do list (Android/IOS), Todoist, Trello, Google Keep and Toggl are just some of the tools you can use to organize your daily tasks.
- Meditation apps – There are lots of great apps that can help you relax and fall asleep. Some popular apps include Headspace, Calm, and Relax Melodies. These apps offer guided meditations and relaxation exercises that can help you clear your mind and fall asleep.
- Sleep tracking apps – Another great way to use technology for better sleep is by tracking your sleep habits. You can use different devices and apps that can do this, such as the Apple Watch or Sleep Cycle app. By tracking your sleep habits, you can identify which activities or behaviors disrupt your sleep and work to avoid them. This information can also be helpful in determining how much sleep you need each night.
- Light therapy – If you find that light exposure during the day disrupts your sleep, you may want to try using a light therapy device. These devices emit bright light similar to sunlight and can help regulate your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle.
- White noise machines – White noise is a type of sound that helps block out other noises and distractions, making it easier for you to fall asleep. There are many different types of white noise machines available, so be sure to choose one that best suits your needs.
What apps and features help with your sleep?
- Do Not Disturb: This feature allows you to silence your phone’s notifications and calls during specific time windows.
- Twilight: This app gradually reduces the amount of blue light emitted from your screen as night approaches, making it easier for your eyes to adjust to the darkness.
- Digital Wellbeing mode: This android feature helps you set up bedtime features such as grayscale which switches your phone screen to black and white as well as Do Not Disturb.
- Adaptive Brightness: This feature allows your phone to automatically adjust the brightness of your screen based on the current lighting conditions.
- Night Shift: This mode on iPhones and iPads is a great way to decrease the amount of blue light you’re exposed to in the evening.
- Sleep Cycle Power Nap: This cool app is designed to help you take a power nap and wake up feeling refreshed. You can set the timer from 20 to 90 minutes as well as set different sounds for your alarms.
- Pzizz: This revolutionary app helps you relax and fall asleep in seconds. The specially designed soundtracks are scientifically proven to soothe your mind, body & soul while providing the perfect environment for sleep. The algorithm generates a slightly different soundtrack each time you use it but they are similar enough that your mind associates them with sleep
So, if you’re looking for ways to get a better night’s sleep, don’t forget about the technology that’s available to you. From apps and websites that track your sleep patterns to devices that help you create a more relaxing environment, there are plenty of tools at your disposal. By using technology to improve your sleep and digital wellbeing, you can boost your overall health and well-being. Have you tried any of these methods? What works best for you? Let us know in the comments below.
Like our articles? Get them in your inbox.
Blog | November 3rd, 2022read
Blog | September 23rd, 2022read
Blog | September 12th, 2022read
Blog | September 6th, 2022read
Blog | August 5th, 2022read
You Are One Click Away From a Game Changing IT Support
Contact us todayGET STARTED